General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas are for points-tested skilled workers. This visa allows you to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident. You must score at least 60 points against points test factors to be eligible to be invited to apply for this visa. Also, depending on the subclasses you may require nomination by a State or Territory Government or require sponsorship by a relative living in a designated area. To be able to apply for these visa you need to submit an expression of interest (EOI) and then be invited through SkillSelect to apply.
Visa subclass include:
- Skilled Independent Subclass 189
- Skilled Nominated Subclass 190
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) Subclass 489
Key requirements are
- nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list (SOL)
- obtained a suitable skills assessment for that occupation by a relevant Assessing Authority
- not yet turned 50 years of age
- achieved the score specified in your letter of invitation based on the factors in the points test
- at least competent English (IELTS: 6 in each component OR PTE Academic 50 in each component)
Checkout our point test calculator to find out your PR points for migration.